To find PostCode…..Click Here
Bhutan Postal Corporation Ltd to commemorate the 30th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty, the Druk Gyalpo, launches Postcode on 21st February 2010.
Postcode is a code of digits added to postal address to facilitate mail delivery. Each country has its own coding system and in some countries it is referred to as Zip Code.
- Bhutan Post has 5-numeric digits code that indicates the following:
- The first digit indicates the Region.
- The second digit indicates the Dzongkhag
- The third digit indicates the Dungkhag under a Dzongkhag
- The last two digits indicate the delivery area, i.e, General Post Office (GPO)/Post Office (POs),Community Mail Office (CMOs)
- For example, a mail addressed to Tarayana Foundation Office in Thimphu will have the postcode 11001, wherein
- 1 stands for the Region Code (Western Region),
- 1 for Thimphu Dzonkghag
- 0 as no Dungkhag under Thimphu Dzongkhag
- 01 for the dependent post offfice which is Thimphu GPO